Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: And We Stay by Jenny Hubbard


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by us, that highlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication 'can't-wait-to-read' selection is:

And We StayTitle: And We Stay
Author: Jenny Hubbard
Release Date: 28th January 2014
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Find on: Goodreads

When high school senior Paul Wagoner walks into his school library with a stolen gun, he threatens his girlfriend Emily Beam, then takes his own life. In the wake of the tragedy, an angry and guilt-ridden Emily is shipped off to boarding school in Amherst, Massachusetts, where she encounters a ghostly presence who shares her name. The spirit of Emily Dickinson and two quirky girls offer helping hands, but it is up to Emily to heal her own damaged self.

This inventive story, told in verse and in prose, paints the aftermath of tragedy as a landscape where there is good behind the bad, hope inside the despair, and springtime under the snow.


The cover was very nicely done. I love the muse's pose, where she's shivering, which makes the story seem more intriguing. And trust me the story already sounds pretty compelling to me. Cover judgers will buy this book off the shelves, including me.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover :), it's already drawn me into the book :) I'm a cover judger as well so definitely looking into this one :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the cover. It's beautiful! I'd never heard of this book before, but it sounds like something I'd like, so thanks for introducing it to me!
    My WoW
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete