Friday, September 7, 2012

Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Title: Pandemonium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: 28th February 2012
Find on: Amazon, Goodreads

Quick Review: I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare, pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

Detailed Review: I totally loved this book, it was better than Delirium! Lauren Oliver wrote the chapters as 'then' and 'now'. So it shows how much that Lena has gone through since she escaped to the Wilds. This part was my favourite.

   Then: When she was in the Wilds, weak and lost, she stumbled onto a group of people and was brought back to their homestead. She becomes a part of their family but there is a price. She has to work for the homestead and can't possibly live there for free. Hardships are revealed in these chapters.

   Now: She is a spy for a group of uncureds in the wilds, along with her friends Raven and Hunter. She goes to DFA (Deliria-free America) meetings and spy on what happens there. She attends high school. And she forgets about everything that's happened before she escaped into the Wilds: Hana, Grace, the procedure and ,,, Alex. A part of her still longs for him. Until she meets Julian Fineman, son of the founder of DFA, Thomas Fineman. When Lena's caught in a mission  involving Julian, she ends up travelling with him. 

   And falling in love with him.

   But... Alex is back. 

   And he's not the sweet and nice boy that Lena used to know.


Brief Review: Oh my god! This book totally got me tensed, especially on the last page. I really wanted to read Requiem, but it's not even out yet! Arrgh! I can't wait till next year! But seriously, Lauren Oliver's love of cliffhangers makes my desire to read the next book ten times worth it. Good job to the author. All credits belong to her.

Final rating: 5/5 'Totally Amazing' (Wish I could give a six!)










Your reviewer:


   

  

1 comment:

  1. I love this review! You make this book sound even better than I already thought it could be. I like the idea of it being different than Delirium, and that it leaves you feeling raw. Those are the best books sometimes. I am SO going to get into this book ASAP. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete